Financial Aid Resources
Financial aid can be obtained from a variety of sources such as Grants (aid that is based on need and does not need to be repaid), Work Study (allows you to work on or off campus, exchanging work for financial aid), Scholarships, or Loans (money borrowed from the federal government or private institution that you will repay with interest).
Helpful Scholarship Tips
- Understand what you're applying for and make sure you meet the necessary requirements
- Follow the instructions carefully
- NEVER pay to apply for a scholarship
- It is always a good idea to have others proof-read your application and essays
- If you have questions, call the scholarship contact
- Make a copy of the scholarship application for your own records
- Pay attention to application deadlines!
- Check the websites of colleges and universities you might attend for academic, departmental, and athletic scholarship opportunities
- Don't be afraid to do your research: there are a lot of scholarships opportunities out there (parent's employers, religious groups, and scholarships for particular careers you are interested in)